University of Iowa
More than 7,400 undergraduate students were named to the Dean’s List for the 2020 fall semester.
From this area were:
• Cade Block of Dakota Dunes [College: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; Primary Area of Study: Human Physiology]
• Michael Rizk of North Sioux City [College: Tippie College of Business; Primary Area of Study: Business Direct Admission]
• Blake Rosenkrans of Dakota Dunes [College: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; Primary Area of Study: Neuroscience]
Western Iowa Tech Community College
The college announced the students named to the President’s Scholar List for their academic achievement during the 2019 fall term. Students named to the list must carry at least 12 credit hours and attain a GPA of at least 3.5 on a scale of 4.0.
The following students were named to the Fall 2020 list.
Jefferson: Nicolas Franco and Dalton Monahan; and
North Sioux City: Kelby Kotalik, Caitlyn Lacroix and Ross Thoendel.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Nearly 6,800 students have been named to the Dean’s List for the fall semester of the 2020-21 academic year.
Qualification for the list varies among the eight undergraduate colleges and the Explore Center. Listed below are the minimum requirements for each entity and the name of its respective dean or director. All qualifying GPAs are based on a four-point scale and a minimum number of graded semester hours. Students can be on the list for more than one college.
• College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, 3.75; Dean Tiffany Heng-Moss.
• College of Architecture, 3.75; Dean Katherine S. Ankerson.
• College of Arts and Sciences, 3.7; Dean Mark E. Button.
• College of Business, 3.6; Dean Kathy Farrell.
• College of Education and Human Sciences, 3.75; Dean Sherri Jones.
• College of Engineering, 3.5; Dean Lance C. Perez.
• College of Journalism and Mass Communications, 3.7; Dean Shari Veil.
• Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, 3.7; Dean Charles O’Connor.
• Explore Center for undeclared, pre-engineering, pre-health and pre-law students, 3.6; Senior Associate Vice Chancellor and Dean of Undergraduate Education Amy Goodburn.
Dakota Dunes: Baylie Anne Bass, junior, College of Education and Human Sciences, textiles, merchandising and fashion design; Elizabeth Morgan Clay, sophomore, College of Education and Human Sciences, elementary education and early childhood education; Samantha Elizabeth Drury, junior, College of Arts and Sciences, biochemistry; Taylor Cristine Hauger, senior, College of Business, marketing and management; Kaitlyn Brailee Hutchinson, sophomore, College of Education and Human Sciences, special education (7-12); Eric Paul Johnson, freshman, College of Business, economics; Olivia Lauren Kieffer, senior, College of Business, management and marketing; William Blake Morales III, freshman, College of Business, marketing; and Karl Schenk, senior, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, agricultural economics;
Jefferson: Marie Andrea Bernard, senior, College of Arts and Sciences, biochemistry; and Cade Joseph Zeller, sophomore, College of Engineering, construction management; and
North Sioux City: Will Steven Bruening, senior, College of Arts and Sciences, biochemistry and mathematics; and Rachel Nichole Wente, freshman, Explore Center, undeclared undergraduate.